How We’re Protecting You
- On-property attendance is capped at 22 retreatants, less than 50%, to allow maximum distance among individuals when dining or in common areas.
- Guest room assignments are rotated to maximize time between use.
- Guest rooms are cleaned using a three-step protocol that includes at least two passes of a CDC-approved cleaning solution.
- Linens are cleaned using a commercial-grade solution by EcoLab and high heat.
- Upon arrival, every guest will be asked to sanitize hands, apply a face mask, and receive a courtesy temperature check.
- Temperatures will be checked daily for all guests, staff, and volunteers. Those with a temperature above 100F will be asked to leave. (Unused portions of a retreat/experience will be refunded. Please refer to our Payment & Cancellation policy)
- Our staff will serve you at meals to limit the number of buffet utensils and objects you must touch. No more than two guests will sit at each 6-foot table.
- Common areas are cleaned throughout the day and immediately after group use.
How You Can Protect Yourself
- Self-monitor your health. Stay home, or go home, if you don’t feel well. A refund will be provided for unused portions of a retreat.
- Remain on property after you’ve arrived until the end of your event / retreat.
- Wear a mask while at Ignatius House.
- Wash hands frequently and maintain good hygiene while at Ignatius House.
- Consider wearing a pair of gloves.
- Maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others.
- Sit with no more than one other person per six-foot dining table. You also may dine outside at numerous scenic locations.
- Provide accurate contact information so we may reach you should we learn of any guest who may have increased your exposure.
How You Can Protect Others
In addition to the above,
- Observe space decals on the floor to help you maintain distance in a queue.
- Step back if someone approaches you too closely.
- Pause and let another pass in the hallway.
- Allow us to check your temperature upon arrival and each day that you are a guest. Doing so can help identify a first symptom that risks everyone’s safety.
Learn about all of our Professional Standards and Industry Best Practices.
As of May 8, 2020. Updated July 22, 2020.
Staff can assist with choosing the right retreat, understanding what to expect, making payment arrangements or other questions you may have. We look forward to welcoming you.