Take a Spiritual Vacation at Ignatius House Retreat Center
- Dear Friends in Christ,
Rev. John F. Schroder, S.J., passed from this life on Saturday, January 25 in Grand Coteau, La. at 95 years of age. He was a Jesuit for 72 years and a priest for 50 years.
John Schroder, S.J. was the son of Suzanne Spalding Schroder and the reason we have Ignatius House Jesuit Retreat Center in Atlanta. It was John’s mother who donated the original house and property of Ignatius House for the sole purpose of building a Jesuit Retreat Center.
The Family has established a Memorial Fund in Honor of Fr. John Schroder at Ignatius House Jesuit Retreat Center (donate online), or send donations to the Senior Jesuits Fund of “The Jesuits” 710 Baronne St., Ste B, New Orleans, LA 70113.
Obituary for Fr. John Schroder, S.J. >>
Peace in Christ,
VIEW A VIDEO: About Ignatius House Retreat Center and Why Silence?
VISITORS DAYS are the perfect time to see, experience and just be!
In conjunction with our silent retreats, and Days of Reflection, Ignatius House provides another opportunity for individuals to come to our center to retreat, reflect and deepen their relationship with God. We call these days “Visitors Days.”
Whether you have driven by our Center and wondered what lies beyond the signs, are curious whether a retreat is right for you, or have already been on a retreat here and are just looking for a quiet place to spend some time in prayer and solitude, we welcome you to come and visit with us on the days listed below. We do ask that you call ahead 404.255.0503 to check that there are no scheduling conflicts and that you check in with us when you arrive at the Resource Building.
Upcoming Visitor Days Dates:
To be announced
Hours: between 7:30 a.m. & 4:00 p.m.
We also invite you to join us on Fridays at 12:15 p.m. for our public Mass in the St. Ignatius Chapel.
- Follow @IgnatiusRetreat
UPCOMING RETREATS AND EVENTS
- Mar 6 - 9, 2014 - Spiritual Exercises Silent Retreat (3 Night)
- Mar 9, 2014 - Catholic Earth Day 2 - 9 PM
- Mar 12, 2014 - Lenten Day of Reflection 9 AM - 3 PM
- Mar 14 - 16, 2014 - Spiritual Exercises Silent Retreat (2 Night)
- Mar 17 - 18, 2014 - Lenten Art Retreat (1 Night 9 AM - 7 PM)
- Mar 19, 2014 - Lenten Day of Reflection (9 AM - 3 PM)
- Mar 21 - 23, 2014 - Matthew Linn, S.J. Retreat (2 Night)
- Mar 26, 2014 - Lenten Day of Reflection (9 AM - 3 PM)
- Mar 27 - 30, 2014 - 3 Night Women's Retreat (3 Night)
- Apr 2, 2014 - Lenten Day of Reflection (9 AM - 3 PM)
- Apr 4 - 6, 2014 - Men's CRHP Reunion Retreat (2 Night)
- Apr 9, 2014 - Lenten Day of Reflection (9 AM - 3 PM)
- Apr 10 - 15, 2014 - 5 Night Guided Retreat (5 Night)
- Apr 15 - May 20, 2014 - Tuesday Morning Enrichment: "Open the Door" by Joyce Rupp (6 sessions)
- Apr 25 - 27, 2014 - Silent Retreat (2 Night)
- May 2 - 4, 2014 - Guest Author Steve Givens "Embraced by God: Facing Chemotherapy with Faith" (2 Night)
- May 10, 2014 - Volunteer Work Day
- May 16 - 18, 2014 - "Centering Prayer" (2 Night)
- May 30 - Jun 1, 2014 - Recovery Retreat (2 Night)
MORE DETAILS ON RETREAT DESCRIPTIONS OR UPCOMING EVENTS
FOR A CALENDAR OF ALL UPCOMING RETREATS CLICK ON QUICK REGISTRATION