Full-Time Cook, with flexible schedule
Pay and Benefits
$16.00 – $18.00 per hour
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance, Flexible schedule
Ignatius House is looking for a full-time cook to join our team. The position includes morning/afternoon/evening shifts, typically on weekends.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Work under an experienced chef to accurately and efficiently execute the menu on a consistent basis while complying with cooking methods, portion control, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Take ownership and pride in the quality of products served.
- Adhere to all food handling and prep. regulations and guidelines.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Assist in the preparation all banquet event orders.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top, range and refrigeration equipment.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Prepare item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Regularly monitor buffet line and restock in adherence to chef’s standards of operation.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food product to ensure a smooth service period.
- Close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Assist in food prep assignments and deep cleaning during off-peak periods as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty, sous chef, or executive chef.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum 4 years’ experience in kitchen preparation and line cook experience.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife-handling skills.
- Basic food cost knowledge.
- Understanding and knowledge of kitchen safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and property employees.
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around the kitchen area
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word